25.11.06

Damien Rice's 9 Crimes


Since I'm on a roll, I thought I'd post again because you'll never know what I get the free time to write again. Boy, kids change your life indeedy!


So, on to Damien Rice. This song (9 Crimes) came on the radio on my way home from the Y. Yes, you heard me right. I heard this song on my way home and it's one of those songs that hit you at the right time, right emotion. I loved it right away. Now, I've heard of Damien Rice before, but this was the first I actually really liked. And when I actually saw his face...I thought to myself, hey, he kinda looks like Heath Ledger on his unshaven / unkempt phase - which i loved, by the way. So I guess it was inevitable, I will like the guy. Now, please if anybody can just tell me what the following verse means:


Give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright with you?
If you don't shoot it, how am I supposed to hold it?
Is that alright with you?


By the way, he's coming to Oakland on December 6 at the Paramount.

No comments: