First, here are the winning points:
- It's incognito. While I love the simple design of the iPad2, I'm not keen on having everyone and their brother knowing I'm lugging one around. I find it perfect for the coffee shop, meetings, and pretty much everywhere you are just waiting around
- It's looks like a moleskin notebook. Simple design, with the signature band around it.
- It's orange! I love the color of the inside (lime green) and outside. It's the fun of having the simple book design, but still having it's own personality
- It's designed around the iPad2 best features: close to sleep, holes for camera, etc.
- It's pretty tough, and holds the iPad2 well.
Here's a few things I'm not so fond of:
- While it's not heavy, it does bring the weight of the iPad2 more.
- The "Portenzo" signature at the back of the book is about 30% too big...a slightly less obnoxious one would've pleased me better
- There's no real good way to prop the iPad2 for good viewing...I tried, it just kinda flips and flops unless you perfected the angle. I just end up propping it will pillows
Before I found this, I was thinking about getting the Dodo Case, which is local (San Francisco!), but there were a couple of reviews that put the doubt in me, hence, going with this, it's formidable competitor...All in all, it was worth it's 7-week wait time :)