29.7.11

Source Code, A Movie Review

I just watched this movie twice in the last two days. I really liked it. It's funny because I'm not a big Jake Gyllenhaal fan.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a hater - but for the life of me, I can't think of any movie he had where I really remembered him. I just checked imdb, and he's done love and other drugs (which I will watch this weekend), prince of persia (I did not watch. long hair? sands? ugh.), jarhead (I hear it's good, but I didn't see it), the good girl (another good one, I hear, but I have not seen it yet). Anyway, he wasn't the pull...but in the end, I think he did a really great job. You feel for him and his character.

I really liked it. It sucked me right in the first scene where he's trying to figure out what's going on...It's nicely paced. Michelle did a pretty great job, and I find her very pretty. She was also pretty in that McDreamy rom com, title of which escapes me right now.

I still don't know exactly what a source code is, or the actually technicalities of these "alternate" universe, and for a movie to still be compelling, and easy to follow for such a complicated topic, I think it's worth applauding. It's a great movie, highly recommended.

No comments: