16.7.05

Mythbusters



Even though I knew about this show for a while, it's only recently that I've started watching. My poor TiVo needed something to record, and after seeing Jaime Hyneman's picture in Readymade's recent issue, I thought it was time to put it on my Season pass.

I'm glad I did because this is a show that hubby and I actually enjoy together! Who knew science would be fun? Plus, that fact that they're local makes them even cooler.

Who knew you'd be safe underwater if someone is trying to shoot you? If the shooter is directly above, you need to get down about 8 feet below the surface...But, if the shooter is aiming from an angle (about 30 degrees) you'd be fine if you're 3 feet below the surface! I'll definetly keep that piece of info.

Also, did you know that by adding salt to a bucket of ice, your drink will be cold faster? Ahh...things you learn from Mythbusters.

No comments: