22.10.05

Sixteen Going on Seventeen


Totally unprepared are you to face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared are you
Of things beyond your ken
You'll need someone older and wiser
Telling you what to do
I am seventeen going on eighteen
I'll take care of you!

I was just listening to this as I do my laundry, and signing along as I always do, but when I got to that portion, I was like, "What the fuck?" If I was Liesl, I'd shove Rolf down the gazebo floor, give him the snappy-snap and say, "So, you're only a year older and you think you're the wiser? Who the fuck are you to tell me what to do? I don't need you or any man to take care of me. I can take care of myself, thank you very much. You think I'm unprepared to meet men, I say you're unprepared to meet me!"

Heh. I'm just emotional today.

No comments: